This month’s glam bag’s theme was A Fresh Start. I’ve got to be honest, I wasn’t thrilled with this month’s glam bag. I saw the preview and wasn’t real excited about it. When you fill out the beginning quiz, I made sure that I put that I knew make up pretty well and that I was willing to experiment with different make up products. So when seeing this: It was so basic. They had nail polish, liquid eye liner, and a liquid eyeliner pot in other glam bags which I thought would be waaaay better for me, and something I’ve never tried. I received a moisturizer, an eye shadow, an eye liner, lip balm, eye liner, and a shimmer lotion. I will say I like the little make up bag better than last month’s. I think one of this shape would be something I could find a use for much better than the other. So, my run down of these products:
- Hikari Cosmetics Mechanical Eye Liner in Storm: I am going to be honest, I’ve never used this. I do use black eye liner, just not often. I tend to go more natural, which is brown, so one day I’ll try it. I have heard this pencil is a bit pointy, so it’s hard to put on and doesn’t feel good since it’s on your eye lids.
- La Fresh Eco-Beauty Be Good. Good Day. Day Moisturizer: The fun thing about the Ipsy Glam Bags is that a good amount of their products are organic or natural based. This one is listed as highly natural, biodegradable formula, cruelty free, and California made. This is free of parabens, sulfates, dyes, and artificial fragrances, which is something that people do look for nowadays. I did like this product, I don’t like anything that seems super oily or heavy, and this product fits the bill. It’s light and doesn’t leave any oily residue. In the evening my face wasn’t greasy. I would probably buy this product, as long as it didn’t seem ridiculously over priced.
- (Malin+Goetz) Mojito Lip Balm: I really do enjoy this product. I wasn’t sure if I would, but it’s been rather cold here lately, and I was interested in at least trying this product. It is nice and glossy, so it could also fit for a lip gloss, if you like those kinds of things. I felt like the application lasted a decent amount of time on my lips, and leaves them pretty soft. The taste isn’t horrible either. This company does not test on animals and says that it is made in the USA.
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glow: This product did seem interesting to me, it tells you that you can use it alone or with a foundation. This is another product that might pair well with the eye shadow, another shimmery base. It’s fairly light and works well with a foundation, and I could see myself using this more as the weather is warmer.
- Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Treasure: I think that this product would be perfect for the spring or summer, when you sort of like that bronzy glow. This product is also 100% vegan, cruelty free, and also is without paragons and petroleum. Proceeds of this product claim that they support clean water. I would also like to add a side note that this company is based out of Portland, but is made in China. This is one that I haven’t tried. I don’t use browns like this, but think it might work for me in summer.
Stay tuned for my February review!