Meals that are always good to hold on to are one skillet meals and one pan meals. This is good for lots of reasons…Quick and easy sometimes are a necessity, weather you need it on a weeknight in a pinch–or it’s the holidays and you have been baking cookies all day! Either way, this is a recipe that I like and use.
This was adapted from Our Paleo Life, so if you don’t prefer some of the seasonings that I use, you can always check her out and see something different.
I greased a cookie sheet, and set it aside. I started with two medium sized sweet potatoes, cutting them into bite size pieces. I tossed them in a bowl with about a tablespoon or two of coconut oil (melted), 1 tsp cinnamon and a 1/2 tsp allspice. This can be adjusted as you like, J likes cinnamon so a little more would be ok for him.
I then spread them on a cookie sheet.
I then took two florets of broccoli and tossed them with a little bit of coconut oil, then spread them on a cookie sheet.
I took a package of chicken breasts (these ones were quite large). You can sub thighs for this, they’re smaller and they’re usually a bit cheaper. J doesn’t really care for them, so I subbed chicken breast instead.
I seasoned the rest with salt and pepper (on the cookie sheet). I then put them in an oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Package of chicken breasts (3-4) or 6 chicken thighs
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2-4 Tbs coconut oil, or as needed, melted
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a cookie sheet, set aside.
- Cut sweet potatoes in bite sized pieces. Melt some coconut oil, add to potatoes. Add cinnamon & allspice and toss. Add to cookie sheet.
- Cut broccoli into pieces and add some melted coconut oil. Toss to coat. Add to cookie sheet.
- Add chicken breast or chicken thighs on top. You can also move stuff around a little bit so it’s not under your chicken. The broccoli will be crispier if it’s not underneath the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.